6 Steps to Getting the Right Role
Posted on Friday, April 26, 2019 by Phil Hutchinson-May — No comments
6 Steps to Getting the Right Role.
Now that you are settling back to work after Easter..…….. you may be thinking is it time for change.
Here are some thoughts.
- Reflect on what is causing you to think?
- Is it your company, your role, your boss?
- Do you just need a change and to feel energised?
- Are you feeling valued in your current role and fairly paid?
- How can you change the things that are wrong?
- Do you need to “knuckle down” and get on with it?
- Or have you reached the end of the road?
- Should you stay and make things better?
- Think, think and think……..
- Joining a new company is a big decision
- Will the grass necessarily be greener?
- Maybe you are in the right company but in the wrong job or reporting to a bad manager?
- Can you stay where you are and find a new challenge?
- If you decide to leave - Be decisive and leave
- Get your CV up to date
- Think about your achievements and what you will offer a new employer
- Commit to a plan and invest the time to make it happen
- Be Strategic in your Job Search
- Don’t just scattergun your CV around.
- Carefully read job adverts and apply for jobs which “talk” to you.
- Not all jobs are advertised so go back to recruiters and previous managers you trust
- Be clear about what you have to offer and what you want
- Land the right role and negotiate a great deal
- Showcase your talents and impress everyone through the recruitment process
- Communicate and reinforce your achievements and how they will benefit the company
- Set out your ideal salary and benefit requirements – be ready to negotiate a great deal
- When selecting your next role, go with your gut-feeling - it won’t let you down
- When you’re offered the right role – be decisive and take it
- Don’t look back. Think about point 1 above!!!